Friday, March 06, 2009

Being single

I don't have to finish reading the following list (from another blog) to have some clue about why I'm still single.
47 reasons to think twice in a relationship

1) If you do not possess a passionate desire to give to them.

2) If they do not possess a passionate desire to give back to you.

3) If your personal achievements have not created excitement in them.

4) If they are not captivated by what has captivated you.

5) Think twice if you have lost your desire to impress them.

6) If they never ask quality questions concerning your greatest dreams and goals.

...

What quality do I look for in another person? I still have the luxury to think about it. Here's the list (to be cont'd):

1. 對生命、對神認真

2. 對人真摯 / authentic,forthright

This sounds serious, or maybe too serious. Someone told me that I am the type who holds high expectation from oneself and from others. Is it a bad thing? To make things less serious, I took a break today and went to the beach. It's week 10 -- last week of the academic quarter. I deserve a break!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are really serious on anything, even needs an explaination for taking the break!




Wai

big_head said...

haha.... you caught me red-handed!

ablogaday said...

Download this free 20-min short film from iTunes Store: The Monday before Thanksgiving directed by Courteney Cox.

big_head said...

Downloaded and watched.

You now will say something enlightening, right? :-)

ablogaday said...

Well, before thinking twice in a relationship, or looking for qualities you're serious about from anyone, I think 2 crucial questions to ask are how much you love yourself and how much you like being single.

big_head said...

I AM happy and content having two arms and two leg. What got me thinking is that I learned that most others grow three arms and three legs (even though some of them later decide to sever an arm and a leg)

:)

Ergo the post "thinking twice" to grow a 3rd arm and 3rd leg .... I intend to be NO LESS content and happy if I do.


Good answer?

ablogaday said...

The older we get, the more well-established and rigid will be our life philosophy, values and beliefs, and so it's more difficult for us to get along with other people. (The more introvert we will be?) The later to start a relationship, the more effort and will power it takes to secure it. Most people may just as well give up.

big_head said...

Hm... about being more rigid as we grow old... it depends. Many are like that, but we don't have to be if we're aware of the pitfall.

Of course our value systems are more formed now than when we were in our 20s or 30s. But hey, as we age and gain more experience with life and with people, aren't we more understanding and seeing things in a more sympathetic light and therefore more capable of being a real, loving friend?

I think that I am less self-centered and more giving as I grow older, thanks to my fellowship/church life.

Why let the age thing set a limit? Simply live life and improve ourselves continuously, with contentment regardless of 2 legs or 3 legs, by God's grace.

(I hope I can be so positive all the time!)

ablogaday said...

>being more rigid as we grow old...
> it depends.


Of course that was just a very generalized observation and understanding. I didn't even include the element of how our faith could transform us in such ways as described by you. I totally agree with what you put down here -- an important part of our pathway to holiness.