Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Term break - busy with what?

The 3-week term break will soon be over. What have I done?

First, I got my home and bedding (sort of) ready to house 2 friends, Amy and Coral, who spent the holidays with me. Since I haven't hosted anyone at my home for a long time, they became my guinea-pig house guests. I'm sure they suffered somewhat.

In front of my current home.

They joined two local tours. In between and after the tours, I played tour guide for a couple of days, and that was fun.


The San Gabriel Mission District


Disney Concert Hall

LA Downtown

Naples, Long Beach

Naples, Long Beach


During the past two weeks, mom required more health assistance than before. And so that was like doing a part-time job. Thankfully, Amy and Coral took time to visit mom with me. (Mom seemed to benefit from the visits. I was told by the nurse and another friend that mom ran in the apartment with a walker!)

All wearing glasses and, noted by mom, all women!


I also planned for a 2-day getaway with 3 other friends to Palm Springs. That was pretty relaxing.

Outside the visitor center at the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway


In front of a Methodist church on Sunday

A corner of the interestingly decorated hotel suite

The hotel comes with resort facility, which includes a swimming pool, indoor and outdoor spas.

Food & atmosphere in PS downtown were great.


Starbucks fans anytime!


Oh... almost forgot to mention. My landline and DSL were out of commission for almost a week. On our way back from PS, AT&T called and told me that my phone line's working again. I didn't know that they work on Sunday!


The above picture is the first AT&T guy investigating outside my house what the problem was. Though he looked cool way up the pole, he couldn't fix the problem and another guy had to be sent.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Big Head

Thanks for sharing so many beautiful photos and very interesting description for us! That we (your blog-readers)have great enjoyment on reading them piece by piece. Thanks so much!
By the way, Amy told me that you had prepared some candies for me, oh!!!
Nothing I can say, but thank you and thank you!!!

big_head said...

Dear Foon,

>Amy told me that you had prepared some candies for me, oh!!!

shhh....

Anonymous said...

Hey Grace, I just read thru' it ....the weather in L.A. (when sunny days) was really great, made people happy and excited !!! ^_^ ... hope to see you soon wherever it is and please send my New Year Blessing to your cutie and lovely mom (Tam Shi Mo)! Coral

big_head said...

Hey Coral, thanks for your comment! I'll try to send your regards to mom. Hope you're all energized to live another great year!