"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you." (NIV)
"For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith." (NASV)
"I'm speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me, and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you. Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him." (The Message)
"我 憑 著 所 賜 我 的 恩 對 你 們 各 人 說 : 不 要 看 自 己 過 於 所 當 看 的 , 要 照 著 神 所 分 給 各 人 信 心 的 大 小 , 看 得 合 乎 中 道 。" (和合本)
Just realize that a big part of my anxiety comes from me thinking myself more highly than I ought to, and I assume more worries than I'm given the responsibility.
I was talking to the pastor and his wife over lunch during our fellowship retreat. After a short while, they said, "No, that's not your job to worry. That's God's job!" Hm... I thought, that's so right! How come I didn't think of that.
During last Sunday's sermon on Romans 12, this verse in Romans 12:3 got stuck in my head. I reflected upon the meaning of this verse, as if I have never read it before. And then yesterday, I read the verse again through the daily quote from Biblegateway.com.
Thank God for his Word.
Two other verses I hold onto is what I read today: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7.
Thank God that my housing situation can wait until after I come back from Anhui. I pray and trust that God'll provide a way out for me. I also trust that it's an indication and an opportunity to make some changes.
Thank God that I'll go to Anhui again and I have been in good health for the past several weeks. Pray that things will go smoothly and everyone in our team will be physically and spiritually fit in the next two weeks.
Thank God for the re-opening of the location that our team has been assigned. We were told that we couldn't go there, but now we can. Pray that the Holy Spirit straightens our path, and prepares the hearts of the people that we'll meet.
Thank God for a group of brothers/sisters who're supporting us with their diligent prayers. We're serving together the people in Anhui. God's name be magnified.
No comments:
Post a Comment