Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Ministering to a minister

In my previous post I commented that there've been quite some "first times" for me in this past week. One of these first times is that I preach to dad. My sister(s) and I come up with some kind of routine during our daily hospital visits - talking to dad, telling him trivia stuff, reading him Bible verses, praying with him, and sometimes singing hymns with which he's familiar. When it's my turn to read the Scripture, I'll pick a Psalm and I often "expound" a verse or two. Loosely speaking, I preach to a preacher, and minister to a minister.

The whole routine brings me comfort and I pray that it does the same for him.

3 comments:

ablogaday said...

A noble deed. A privilege.

Anonymous said...

〉The whole routine brings me comfort and I pray that it does the same for him.

Oh yes, it must! And it's what a comfortable sharing! He (God or Pastor Tam) must love it and appreciate you and your sisters' works!

A blessing ministry which counts so much indeed!

big_head said...

> A privilege.

Most definitely.

> Pastor Tam must love it and appreciate you and your sisters' works!

When he wakes up, I'll surely ask him.